How did your production skills develop throughout this product?
When I first began to make my magazine, I had no idea where to start or how to use many of the applications. Luckily, my friend Ethan was familiar with these applications and helped me get started. Once I did get started, I started to learn all the bells and whistles of Microsoft Publisher.
I tried using Adobe InDesign initially, but I was more familiar with Microsoft controls and I felt more comfortable using Microsoft Publisher. I knew simple controls like how to make a text box and how to change the font, but I also learned how to format the pages to conform to my picture arrangements and how to format my background as a picture.
Something important I also learned was how to coordinate events for my magazine. I had to set up all my photo shoots and search for suitable shots to shoot. I immediately thought a good photo shoot would be at the top of the Weston hotel in downtown of my city to get a sunset in the background and to get the water, as well. This ended up being where I took pictures and I found a date for my friend to help me take pictures for it. I ended up needing more pictures later, so I got two more friends to meet me at a hill in my town and take pictures with the hill in the background.
Overall, I liked having the executive decisions with my magazines and coordinating events and I give more respect to those who do this for a living.
Sunday, April 7, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Final Submission
I haven't changed anything on my cover since Quarter 3 and I'm happy with they way it ended up looking. All fonts, colors, and pic...
-
How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues? Fleur Sombre combines the convention...
-
GQ has the same target audience as Fleur Sombre. GQ and Fleur Sombre offer the same kind of content, usually revolving around fashion and po...
-
Esquire's product is similar to GQ, so it makes sense that they have similar audiences. Esquire and GQ both revolve their articles at ...
No comments:
Post a Comment