Thursday, March 28, 2019

CCR2

How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?

The goal of Fleur Sombre is to make readers feel engaged as they read and also make them feel at home. A read of Fleur Sombre should never be rushed or frantic, my magazine is perfect for a conformable read, when you are trying to get away from your hectic life.

This is initially accomplished by using cool colors to ease the reader's mind. Studies have shown that bright and warm colors like red and orange make the viewer's mind accelerate with their thinking and make them act more aggressive. The cool colors, like blue and green, ease the viewer's mind and create a calm mindset for them. The cover page stands out but accomplishes this feat. The picture of Ethan with  bright white hoodie draw the reader's attention to the magazine, but is complemented by cool colors around. As you progress through the magazine, the reader is already engaged, so not as many attention-grabbing tactics are needed besides those for important articles. The color scheme throughout the rest of the articles are very cool and calming and almost lull the reader into continuing to read in a tranquil environment. 

I would distribute my magazine primarily online. I would use popular social media apps such as Snapchat and Instagram. In other examples I've seen, I will create my own "page" on snapchat that is like a mini version of the magazine. It would give little fun blurbs about different articles with some full articles in them. it would mostly be fun, quick visit from viewers and it would tell the reader to refer to the online or paper version to see the full articles and much more. I'd do something similar with Instagram, my posts that would talk about a cover model or an upcoming article would be in people's feeds and get them in the know about upcoming issues. Our bio on our page would link our website which would let them subscribe for paper issues, as well. i would use these social media sites to link people to an actually issue of Fleur Sombre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Submission

I haven't changed anything on my cover since Quarter 3 and I'm happy with they way it ended up looking. All fonts, colors, and pic...